These truffles are a little slice of heaven! The idea is to make a batch; eat two; and give the rest away……………………Yeah right!!
Makes approximately 30 truffles
- 125g (4 1/2 oz) heavy / double cream
- 20g (3/4 oz) glucose
- 20g (3/4 oz) butter
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g (8 3/4 oz) milk chocolate
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) dark unsweetened cocoa
- Bring to the boil the cream, glucose, butter and the vanilla bean after it has been split with a knife and scraped to loosen the seeds.
- Once boiled, pour over the chocolate and mix well until chocolate as melted and is smooth. Leave the vanilla bean in the chocolate. Cool for half an hour before refrigerating for several hours. Once set and quite firm, pipe mixture into little tear drops on a chilled tray lined with aluminium foil. I find a size 8 plain nozzle for piping the chocolate works best. Alternatively, take a warm teaspoon and pull through the chocolate to give you small pieces. Chill again for another hour.
- Remove chocolate from refrigerator and with clean hands, roll into balls. Drop each truffle into the cocoa and toss till completely coated.Keep refrigerated until 10 minutes before serving.